Jason S. Kim is a deal lawyer. His practice focuses on representing domestic and foreign companies, financial institutions, funds, serial entrepreneurs, and high net‐worth individuals in corporate and real estate transactions and financing with special emphasis on cross‐border deals.
Jason also serves as an Adjunct Professor at USC Gould School of Law and teaches International Business Transactions covering the legal principles and practices involved in private business transactions and movement of goods, services, capital, knowledge, and technology across the boundaries of different nation‐states.
Jason is fluent in Korean.
- Issuer‐side representation of a Korean airline in connection with the private placement offering of unsecured bonds in the aggregate amount of $200Million.
- Investor-side representation of a Korean social, on-line gaming company in connection with acquiring controlling interest in a U.S. social, on-line gaming company – $130 Million
- Buy‐siderepresentation of a Korean paper company in its strategic acquisition of U.S. assets – Deal value confidential
- Buy‐side representation of aKorean automobile parts and accessories company in strategic acquisitions of U.S.assets – Deal value confidential
- Buy‐side representation of a Chinese electric vehicle maker in the purchase of a U.S. manufacturing facility – Deal Value Confidential
- Buy‐side representation of a Chinese real estate investment firm’s purchase of a retail center ‐ $43Million
- Buy-side representation of a Korean real estate investment firm’s purchase of an industrial center – $22 Million
- Sell‐side representation of a Chinese real estate investment firm’s sale of a retail center ‐ $25Million
- Lender‐side representation of a Chinese commercial bank as administrative agent, lead arranger, syndicationagent, and lender in providing multiple credit facilities ‐ $125Million
- Lender‐side representation of a Korean commercial bank as administrative agent, lead arranger, syndication agent, and lender in providing a CRE loan – $120Million
- Lender-side representation of a Korean commercial bank as administrative and collateral agent and lender in providing a CRE loan – $68.5 Million
- Borrower‐side representation of a Korean real estate investment firm in obtaining CRE loans on portfolio of real estate assets ‐ $44Million
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
- In August 2013, Jason was selected by the LA Consulate General of the Republic of Korea to serve as the International Business Transactions expert advisor to assist Korean Small and Medium Enterprises investing or doing business in California.
- Member of the Statewide Small Business Council of the California Department of Transportation, Office of Business and Economic Opportunity
- Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of Asian Business Association of Los Angeles
- Director on the Board of Directors of U.S.‐Korea Law Foundation